DELL SOLUTION STATION

This support blog is designed to prepare New-Hire Technical Support Professionals working for Sutherland Global Services to assist them through their nesting at Dell Solution Station Tech Support Process.

Tuesday, November 06, 2007

Handling Customer Objections to Fee Based Support

Isn't this included in the price of the computer? I bought a 3-year warranty…

  • The standard warranty covers hardware issues that occur on your system, and to keep your operating system functional. Any 3rd party software or peripheral issue requires additional coverage.

I'm willing to pay, but I don't want to be transferred - why can't you help me?

  • Well this is really an issue of specialized knowledge. I am personally trained in hardware issues, but we have other people who focus on software, virus removal, networking, and so on… there is a lot to know, so it's pretty difficult for one person to do it all.

I bought this part from Dell (E&A) why won't Dell support it?

  • Dell sells products from many vendors through Software and Peripherals. Dell does not manufacture or install these items. We do not have the technical specifications for this item. I can give you a list of support options including Dell on Call service which can help you with this product.

The last technician helped me with this issue, why won't you?

  • The last technician may have had specialized knowledge about that product. In general, Dell technicians are experts in troubleshooting Dell hardware. We do not have specific product knowledge or troubleshooting information about other vendor's products. I wouldn't want to make the issue worse by working with hardware that I'm not familiar with.
    Dell has a service called Dell on Call, which can assist customers with many issues that are not covered by the Dell hardware warranty. Customers has been asking for a service like this and it's now available.

Why can't you give me more details about how much Dell on Call costs?

  • Dell often runs specials on the price, so it's difficult for me to say, but I believe the price is $69 for one-incident. There are also multi-incident packages available. I can transfer you to a Dell on Call representative who can tell you the current price and explain the offering in more detail to you."

What if the Dell on Call technician can't fix my issue?

  • Dell on Call technicians want to make sure that you're completely satisfied with the resolution that they provide. They'll even ask you at the end of the call if you're satisfied with the resolution. Dell on Call is backed by a total Satisfaction Guarantee, and you can request a refund if not satisfied.